There’s nothing quite like good food and great company… and a cute Insta pic to upload at the end of the night as proof of the good times. Sharing this philosophy is food blogger Melanie Lionello (aka Naturally Nutritious), whose passion for all things food – that is eating, cooking, and creating recipes – has emanated through social media and her website.
However, it’s not just her unique recipes which will have you scrolling endlessly through her feed. With a keen eye for photography, Melanie has managed to capture all the best food angles [yep, that’s a thing] which has left us completely obsessed and ready to try our luck in the food game.
With a mission to make people happy one plate at a time – Melanie has sent over to Husskie one of her favourite recipes: Healthy Apple Crumble. Talking us through the meal, Melanie explains: “I love this recipe because it’s so nourishing and wholesome for not just desert, but breakfast too! Plus, it’s jam-packed with fibre-rich ingredients to help you feel fuller for longer, keep your digestive system in tip-top condition, and stabilise glucose and cholesterol levels.”
- 6 small green apples, cored and sliced thinly (leave the skin on)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed/linseed meal
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaped tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Place sliced apple into a baking dish evenly
- In another bowl, combine all remaining ingredients with your hands, scrunching and rubbing the ingredients together so the honey coats and sticks to everything
- Place the crumble on top of the apple and press down slightly
- Bake crumble for an hour or until it is golden on top
- Serve warm with yoghurt