Welcome to a new section we’re rolling out on Husskie: Recipe of the Week! At Husskie, we’ve spotted a lot of influencers in the food space doing pretty incredible things in the kitchen… so we thought it time we put a little spotlight on them.
First off the rank is Lee Holmes from Supercharged Food. The author of seven cookbooks and a growing influencer in the food space – Lee is constantly creating meals that pretty much have us wiping off the drool from the corners of our mouth.
For her Recipe of the Week, Lee talks us through how to make her sautéed scallops with mushrooms and spinach. Discussing the recipe, Lee says: “For many of us, seafood dishes are daunting; certainly not the recipes you want to try at home.
“I love my Sautéed scallops with mushroom and spinach, from my latest book, Fast Your Way to Wellness, because it shows you just how easy it is to make restaurant-quality seafood in your own home! This dish is a simple celebration of light oceanic flavours, contrasted with woody herbs and savoury mushrooms, finalised with a final zing of lemon to bring it to life.”
179 calories per serve (749 kJ)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g (7 oz/10 small) scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 140 g (5 oz) mixed mushrooms, whole or sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 200 g (7 oz) baby English spinach leaves
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Chopped parsley or rosemary sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper, sear in the pan for 1–2 minutes on each side until golden brown, then remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, rosemary, thyme and oregano to the pan, then cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes
- Add the spinach and apple cider vinegar, then cook for 1–2 minutes until the spinach just begins to wilt
- Return the scallops to the pan and cook for 1 minute to heat through
- Serve topped with the parsley or rosemary and with lemon wedges on the side.