She’s highlighted and sculpted everyone from Gigi Hadid, Georgia Fowler, Shanina Shaik and even Boy George to local favourites such as Jesinta Franklin, Jennifer Hawkins and Rozalia Russian… basically, Chantelle Baker is Australia’s answer to Pat McGrath (although without her own makeup line… yet).
With Chantelle hosting a Mother’s Day Beauty Brunch as part of Highpoint Shopping Centre’s Architects of Beauty* event series commencing this Thursday, we thought we’d use the occasion as the perfect excuse to grill her on all things beauty. And grill we did.
Below, we find out just EXACTLY what products you’re likely to find in Chantelle’s makeup bag, plus all her must-have beauty products.
Can you talk me through your ultimate makeup products to achieving your signature glam?
For me, it’s always about the skin glow and a great eye. I always have illuminator products in my kit to add to moisturisers & foundations. My absolute go to is the Becca Moonstone liquid.
Beauty must-haves you have in your own makeup bag?
Lash curler, Dip brow from Anastasia, Hourglass brow pencil, Nars Sheer Glow foundation, cheek and lip stain from Stila and Mecca lip balm in nude.
What are your go-to makeup brands?
There are so many! Becca (I have loved and used it for years!), Makeup Forever, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Hourglass, Laura Mercier, MAC, Charlotte Tilbury… The list goes on…
What are your essential makeup products to achieving an ‘everyday’ beauty look?
Invest in a good moisturiser to hydrate and plump the skin – one of my faves is LaMer. Next is always primer. By Terry primers are my first choice lately as they have a gorgeous glow to them. I love a liquid foundation to buff into the skin for the perfect ‘everyday’ look. Nars Sheer Glow works perfectly.
- A touch of concealer – By Terry & YSL Touch éclat
- Brow pencil – Hourglass
- Brow mascara – Hourglass
- Lash curler – Kevyn Aucoin
- Mascara – Marc Jacobs
- Lip Balm – Mecca Nude
What are your essential makeup products to transitioning your ‘everyday’ makeup look into a night-time look?
I always carry a chocolate kohl pencil with me to add some glam to the eyes. Mac and Nars are my favourites. A good red lip can always take you from day to night – Fenty Beauty Longwear is a must! Add extra glow for the night – I love RMS highlighters.
Do you have a current favourite product?
- Becca Moonstone liquid
- Laura Mercier foundation
- MAC Oak lip pencil
What are your beauty must-haves?
- Skincare: La Mer
- Self-tan: Elle Effect
- Brows: Hourglass brow pencil
- Benefit 24hour brow mascara
- Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
- Concealer: By Terry & MAC
- Bronzer: Nars Laguna, Marc Jacobs
- Eyes: Marc Jacobs eye palettes
- Cheeks: Nars blush palettes
- Lips: MAC Yash and Cherish lipstick
- Lip Pencil: MAC Oak and Stripdown
What does your daily beauty routine look like?
ALWAYS clean makeup off the night before, followed by a good night cream.
In the morning:
- Cleanse skin, moisturise – I also add face oils to my routine.
- Foundation (Nars or Laura Mercier)
- Concealer (By Terry concealer stick)
- Cheek tint (Stila)
- Curl lashes
- Mascara (Benefit and Marc Jacobs)
- Brows (Dip brow by Anastasia, Hourglass and Benefit) – this takes up most of my time!
- Lip balm (love the Mecca Nude and Rose of course!)
* Chantelle will be part of Melbourne’s beauty event series: Architects of Beauty. Held at Highpoint Shopping Centre, Architects of Beauty is presenting a curated program of hands-on workshops and masterclasses focusing on the ‘glow’ spectrum. Architects of Beauty runs from this Thursday to Sunday.