Sanne Vloet is the epitome of a supermodel in our millennial generation – truly in the league of top models having graced the runways of prestigious fashion houses like Chanel, Versace, Oscar de La Renta, Ralph Lauren and Dolce Gabbana, as well as having a much-coveted spot in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show for three years in a row.
With her modelling journey beginning when she was scouted on a live taping of Holland’s Got Talent at 14 years old (she was there auditioning for gymnastics), Sanne decided to pursue her modelling career full-time after graduating from highschool. It was then that she started to also make a presence for herself on social media – gaining an impressive following on YouTube (370K+ subscribers) and Instagram (332K+ followers).
Between being both a model and an influencer, Sanne’s constantly on the move as she commands a photoshoot, hits the runway, or captures snippets from her day for her various social media platforms. Here, we managed to chat with this Dutch beauty to discover everything from life and career highlights to must-have essentials…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Eye mask by Beauty Bio
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Glossier Coconut Lipbalm, Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, M61 Moisturiser, NARS concealer and Lancôme Mascara
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy!
4. Favourite fragrance? Narcisco Rodriguez
5. Favourite item of clothing? Jeans
6. Favourite fashion brand? Isabel Marant
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Eating healthy
9. Can you cook? I love to cook! I cook all the time
10. Favourite food to indulge in? Everything with chocolate
11. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Coconut water
12. Best place to eat out? I love DomoDomo – a sushi restaurant in New York
13. Happiest moment? When I sit on a quiet terrace with a drink in the sunshine
14. Saddest moment? When my family is far away and I miss them
15. Blog or YouTube? My YouTube channel
16. Iphone or camera? iPhone
17. Type of camera? Canon GX700
18. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
19. Lightroom or VSCO? VSCO
20. Favourite filter? Agva Vista 800 – VSCO
21. Favourite way to edit pics? I don’t like to use too much filter. I play around with light + brightness + sharpness + shadow. Bright green and red – I take down the saturation
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? With modelling, I noticed that people love to see what I wear, what I do, and what I eat in my personal life
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? I would say 18 minutes?
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Don’t think, just do it
26. Who takes your pics? My boyfriend, my friends, sometimes even a stranger on the street
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? Getting to travel to amazing places… Finland, South America, Bahamas, China etc
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Social media never stops. It’s 24/7 work
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Ralph Lauren campaign in Finland
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Worst thing was before a show, I rushed from one to the other and I had 10 mins for hair and makeup. There was something wrong with the alterations of the dress, so 5 minutes before the show– we were changing and the dress didn’t fit. So there was no show anymore!
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? A very nice stay in Shangri-La Hotel in Manila, Philippines
32. Last thing you googled? How can I make bubble tea myself
33. Favourite film? ‘The Intouchables’
34. Favourite book? Harry Potter
35. Favourite song? ‘I’m Yours’ by Jason Mraz
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? I live in the city but would like to live at the beach
37. Favourite travel destination? Indonesia
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Santorini in Greece
39. Top essentials to pack when traveling? Chargers and a scarf (light and easy when it gets warm or cold)
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Loud dinner with friends!
41. Partner or single? Boyfriend
42. Siblings? 1 brother
43. What city are you currently living in? New York
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Keira Knightley
45. Pets? Dog, Lola
46. What is your best asset? I’m a go-getter, no matter what
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? That I only travel to the most amazing places and just take pictures. It is hard to travel alone all the time, dealing with jetlag, taking care of yourself, and running a business!!
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @deliciousella for all my food inspiration, @angelcandices – model crush!, @gypsea_lust – dreamy travel pictures, @vogueparis – for all fashion updates, @sarcasm_only – so relatable and so much fun when you are bored!
49. Favourite quote you live by? “It’s better to regret what you have done than what you haven’t”
50. Top career tip? Do what you like really like to do. And never forget that hard work pays off!!
All images: Sanne Vloet