We’re going to say something controversial here. We’re a bit obsessed with Troy Pes, but not for his smouldering good looks, perfectly coiffed hair and sculpted abs (of which he has all the above) – but rather for his witty captions (and maybe a little bit for that smoulder and abs action).
Ready to take the p*ss out of himself and with a little bit of toilet humour thrown in, Troy has managed to get us to do something we don’t always do when it comes to Instagram – and that is read the captions.
Part-time Sydney-sider and part-time Los Angeles-dweller, Troy is a bit of a bitzer when it comes to his career – we’re talking a bit vlogger, bit actor, bit designer, bit content creator… But with an Instagram feed that is 100 per cent ? and a 318K following – Troy is no bitzer when it comes to being a social media influencer.
Here, we chat to him all about it, plus have a lol at his answers to some of our more female-skewed questions… (you’ll be happy to hear that he’s a no makeup kinda guy!)
1. Best beauty product of all time? Sleeping
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Hair product, hair product, hair product, hair product and all of the KIEHL’S face products
3. Hair “done” or messy? The perfect mess kind of style
4. Makeup or no makeup? No makeup!
5. Favourite fragrance? Versace Eros
6. Favourite item of clothing? Muscle tees
7. Favourite fashion brand? Versace
8. Sneakers or heels? Boots??!!
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
10. Yoga or running? Running
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating but wait for the weekend
12. Can you cook? A little… just enough to survive
13. Favourite food? Mexican
14. Favourite drink? I actually enjoy water and drink it all the time with meals
15. Best place to eat out? In Sydney, Coogee Pavilion is really cool and casual. In Los Angeles, MADRE MIA and CHURCH KEY
16. Happiest moment? When I got my first TV series when I was a kid
17. Saddest moment? When I had to sell my car. I love the freedom having a car gives you
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram’s got every single feature that we need nowadays
19. Blog or YouTube? Can I actually pick both?
20. Iphone or camera? Camera 100%
21. Type of camera? Canon EOS 7D MARK II – pretty happy with this bad boy so far
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? Snapseed
23. Facetune or untouched? Snapseed beats them
24. Favourite filter? Slumber from Instagram
25. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? Location scouting normally but nothing better than a candid location
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? In fact full-time influencer, I just realised
27. How did you get into Insta-blogging? It kinda happened naturally – I love to share experiences through images and personal notes
28. Best piece of career advice you’ve received? Help others even if there is no direct benefit to yourself
29. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? I think it depends on what sort of vibe I am aiming for. Sometimes it takes two mins to take the photo, put a nice filter and come up with a caption
30. Who takes your pics? My best friends or partner. I still don’t have my bish to take all my pictures 😉
31. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? When I got paid for the very first time to take a picture with a product
32. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? It has not happened yet… oh god?
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? There have been so many cool campaigns. I loved the TOPMAN, Protein World and Bodaskin…
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I am a bit of a minimalist. I don’t like to have too many things, however, “This is not clothing yet” sent me some clothes and I was over the moon
35. Last thing you googled? I probably go to jail if I’d say it
36. Favourite film? ‘The Paperboy’
37. Favourite book? ‘The Little Prince’
38. Favourite song? Too many great ones
39. Favourite band? The Strokes
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach
41. Favourite travel destination? Los Angeles
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends and some red wine 😉
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? One big brother, he is a musician @elosimons
45. What city are you currently living in? Los Angeles / Sydney
46. Celebrity girl crush? Emma Watson
47. Celebrity boy crush? Logan Lerman
38. Pets? I have had so many but sadly I don’t own any pets at the moment
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @zanderhodgson, @mensfashionpost, @mimielashiry, @desenio, and @jackjunk
50. Favourite quote you live by? “Life is too short to wait”
All images: @troypes