One of Germany’s top style Instabloggers – with a following of 944K+ on the Gram – Farina Opoku was one of the early adopters to the platform, with her IG account @novalanalove steadily gaining a following as people tuned into her regular fashion and beauty updates. The success was mirrored on her blog of the same name – leading to Farina going on to capitalise on her influence with the launch of her fashion collection, aptly called Farina Opoku.
But despite her rise to stardom, Farina has remained down to earth – even creating an Instagram account ‘Never Failed So Good‘ that takes a laugh at herself with all the fail pics that never made her feed. And let’s just say that here at Husskie HQ, we will never get sick of these types of accounts.
Just before she headed off to Paris with Dior, we managed to grab a little of Farina’s time in order to take part in our latest Fast 50. Read on to find out a little more about life behind-the-feed for this esteemed style star.
1. Age? 27 years old
2. Height? 179cm
3. Best beauty product of all time? Guerlain Sun TrioBronzer
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Lipgloss, bronzer, eyebrow powder, moisturizer and highlighter
5. Hair “done” or messy? Mostly done – only on vacation do I like to wear my hair messy
6. Favourite fragrance? Carat by Cartier
7. Favourite item of clothing? Skirts and dresses
8. Favourite fashion brand? Free People
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treating yourself 😉
11. Can you cook? Haha, unfortunately not – but since I got my Thermomix, I try my best!
12. Favourite food to indulge in? Desserts
13. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Coca cola
14. Best place to eat out? There are too many good places!
15. Happiest moment? My engagement in the Maldives
16. Saddest moment? N/a
17. Blog or YouTube? Blog
18. Iphone or camera? iPhone most of the time
19. Type of camera? OLYMPUS Pen ELP-9
20. Facetune or untouched? Facetune
21. Lightroom or VSCO? VSCO
22. Favourite filter? Depends
23. Favourite way to edit pics? Lots of lights and a little tan 😉
24. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
25. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I actually worked at a boutique in Cologne, Germany, and just took photos of the new items in store. That’s how I gained followers – most of them were customers and they just wanted to know what’s new
26. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Depends. Sometimes it’s the first shot and I do not have to edit a lot and sometimes it takes 200, haha
27. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be natural and enjoy what you do
28. Who takes your pics? Everybody around me
29. Career highlight since being an influencer? Launching my own fashion brand
30. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Nothing!
31. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? MILKA chocolate
32. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? When the hands of the make-up artists smell like cigarettes
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? The goodie bag from TARTE cosmetics in Dubai! A wonderful Gucci belt bag and a lot of makeup!
34. Last thing you googled? Flights to New York in February
35. Favourite song? Anything from Lana del Rey
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? City, actually Cologne! I would probably never move away from my hometown…
37. Favourite travel destination? Los Angeles and Maldives
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? LA, New York and Maldives
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Phone + charger, dresses, and sunglasses
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends
41. Partner or single? Married 😉
42. Siblings? Yes! 3 – one older sister and 2 younger brothers
43. What city are you currently living in? Cologne
44. Pets? One dog – Carlo
45. What is your best asset? That I love what I do
46. Biggest misconception about you? Most people think I am smaller, but I am actually 179 centimetres high
47. Biggest misconception about your job? That our only job is to take nice photos and have fancy dinner meetings
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? N/A
49. Favourite quote you live by? “May the wings of your eyeliner always be even”
50. Top career tip? Be yourself, have fun, and never take yourself too serious.
All images: Novalanalove