Part of the Melbournian style elite, Husskie has watched on as Klara Lazar’s Instagram account KlaraBellle has steadily gained global attention due to its sleek, polished, minimalistic aesthetic. Australia’s answer to NYC Bambi, Klara’s feed is a tonal lover’s paradise – predominantly lending itself to the neutral fashion tones of beige, white and black.
One international brand to have taken notice is British accessories brand Olivia Burton. Founded by best friends and ex-fashion buyers Jemma and Lesa, Olivia Burton has recently collaborated with Klara – and we thought the occasion the perfect excuse to track the style influencer down for our latest Fast 50.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Environ Antioxidant Hydrating Oil Capsules – they are a lifeline for you skin!
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Dior Hyaluronic Lip Plumper, Kosas Illuminate Creme, YSL Volume Mascara, Environ Vitamin A Moisturiser, Re: Vitamin C serum
3. Hair “done” or messy? Done but messy!
4. Favourite fragrance? It’s hard to pick one only! I alternate between Chanel Mademoiselle, Le Labo – Fleur D’Oanger 27, and an old fave ‘I Love, love’ by Moschino
5. Favourite item of clothing? At the moment, my Manu Atelier strappy sandals in nude paired with my favourite Levi’s
6. Favourite fashion brand? I like different brands for different things. But for everyday pieces, I love Mango (Mango – if you’re reading, please open some stores in Australia, lol)
7. Fashion item you’re currently coveting (but don’t own)? Two things: a cream vintage Fendi bag and a pair of Bottega Veneta padded stiletto sandals in white
8. Sneakers or heels? Always in heels, rarely in sneakers (short girl thing, but also, chic)
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Definitely outdoors – usually a walk along the river while listening to true crime podcasts!
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? A healthy balance – I never deny myself a treat, especially on holidays
11. Can you cook? Yes, I actually love cooking. I find it relaxing
12. Favourite food to indulge in? It’s a toss up between Neapolitan pizza and traditional gelato
13. Favourite drink? Rosé or a dirty dry martini. Oh, and how can I forget, coffee!
14. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Champagne and some chocolate to go with it!
15. Favourite hobby? This changes a lot because I like to try/do so many different things. Currently it’s learning Italian
16. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? I use to work in prisons, managing and facilitating rehabilitation programs for offenders
17. Biggest fear? Spiders, definitely spiders! I will even leave the room if I see them on the TV. Then I usually have nightmares for days
18. Blog or YouTube? Admittedly, I don’t indulge in much of either. I prefer listening to podcasts or scrolling through Pinterest
19. Iphone or camera? As a photographer – definitely the camera, it always produces better quality content. But the phone is great for being on-the-go
20. Type of camera? I recently started using a SONY RX100M5A, it’s great for both static and video
21. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom, it has more editing capabilities
22. Favourite filter? I don’t currently use any filters. I think that trend has had its time
23. Favourite way to edit pics? Desaturate blue, add warmth, turn down contrast. When it doesn’t work, make it black and white!
24. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? A combination of digital content creation, social media management, and influencer
25. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? Honestly, it was completely accidental. Taking pretty pictures was just my creative outlet from a mentally challenging job, then it just organically took off
26. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? I am a typical Virgo perfectionist, so I would say A LOT. I am never satisfied and always striving to do better. Between styling, shooting on location, and editing, it can be several hours for one picture
27. What’s your top Instagram tip? I would say be true to you and don’t be sidetracked by what everyone else is doing. Produce quality content, and mostly, have fun!
28. Who takes your pics? Mostly other influencers that I have formed close friendships with (I love taking their pics too), or Terry, my tripod!
29. Career highlight since being an influencer? Probably a recent video campaign I did for QV Melbourne. It was so much fun and a bit of a ‘pinch me’ moment seeing myself on digital screens throughout the Centre
30. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Every job has its challenges but I can’t specifically pinpoint a lowlight – maybe when Instagram got rid of the chronological feed and people started buying likes and followers (grrrr)
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? Gale force winds and rain while trying to shoot Spring/Summer looks in Winter! Not fun, but definitely funny in hindsight
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I appreciate every gift I receive and am so thankful for them all. But probably getting to stay in some amazing accommodation places in Europe has been my favourite. Oh, and my latest camera!
33. Last thing you googled? How to say ‘sausage’ in Italian. The answer is ‘Salsiccia’ if you’re interested 😉
34. Favourite film? I always find this hard to answer because I like different movies for different reasons. A few are: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘Les Miserables’ and ‘Edward Scissorhands’
35. Favourite book? ‘To Kill A Mocking Bird’ and ‘The Alchemist’
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? City, but with lots of time spent by the beach
37. Favourite travel destination? Anywhere in Italy, but my favourite place in the world is Rome
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? European streets in general. The architecture, history, and culture is a vibe!
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? DO NOT take my advice on this one because I am the worst at packing – I always want to take ALL of my current favourite things, which just isn’t practical. I even make mood boards of every outfit so I can plan what to wear each day (that’s the Virgo thing again)
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Nothing better than good food and wine with your favourite people
41. Partner or single? Living my best single life!
42. Siblings? 3 amazing sisters who are my everything. And luckily, we don’t share the same size in clothes or shoes so I don’t have to share my wardrobe!
43. What city are you currently living in? Melbourne, Australia but planning a temporary move to Rome some time soon!
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? @taylorlashae – Parisian chic with major Audrey Hepburn vibes
45. Pets? None at the moment but I loooove dogs. One day I’d love to have a chocolate brown toy poodle named Champagne
46. What is your best asset? My eyelashes, and I like to think my wit!
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? That being an influencer is easy and doesn’t require much work
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? My current inspirations are @beatrice.gutu, @deborabrosa, and @nastyanastya. For fashion inspiration, I love @minimalstreetstyle and @fashiiongonerouge
49. Favourite quote you live by? The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
50. Top career tip? Follow your passion and it won’t feel like work. Success is measured by the joy you reap from your work, not how much money it makes you.