50 Questions with Icing and Glitter’s Siffat Haider
Don’t be fooled by her blog and Instagram name, Icing and Glitter’s Siffat Haider style aesthetic is less about the razzle dazzle and more about the pared back chic. With one of those accounts that has you dying to go shopping, travelling and eating all at once – Siffat has managed to create a platform that marries minimalistic tones with a perfect homage to all three of the lifestyle greats.
So what’s with the name then? Well, according to Siffat, it actually comes from her love of pretty desserts rather than a sentiment for sparkles. But shimmer or not, Siffat’s style is one that’s being taken note of across the globe…
Here, we tracked the lifestyle influencer down for our latest Fast 50 – questioning her on everything from year long contracts with YSL to living like a gypsy.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Tough one since I have so many favourites, but at the moment, I’d say YSL All Hours Concealer
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Bite Beauty lipstick in Cashew, Bioderma Micellar Water, YSL All Hours Concealer, Ole Henriksen face oil, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? No makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? YSL Black Opium or D&G Light Blue
6. Favourite item of clothing? A great pair of jeans
7. Favourite fashion brand? I know it’s more of a retailer, but can I say Revolve?
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers, I’m all about comfort!
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? None, I’d rather take a workout class like spinning or boxing 😉
10. Yoga or running? Running
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Balance!
12. Can you cook? Sure can! I thought I was going to be a chef!
13. Favourite food? Burgers
14. Favourite drink? H20, baby!
15. Best place to eat out? Oficina 1m in New York, Gitano in Tulum, Byblos in Toronto, Nobu, Atelier September in Copenhagen for avo toast 🙂
16. Happiest moment? Going full-time with my blog and finally becoming my own boss
17. Saddest moment? Losing loved ones
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
19. Blog or YouTube? Blog
20. Iphone or camera? Camera
21. Type of camera? Nikon D810
22. Facetune or untouched? Untouched unless I’m covered in bruises or forget to wax my legs LOL
23. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom any day 🙂
24. Favourite filter? J1 on VSCO
25. Favourite way to edit pics? I use my own presets on Lightroom, so I would say that because I have so much creative freedom!
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
27. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? As a creative outlet a couple of years back
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on the picture
29. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be consistent
30. Who takes your pics? It depends on where I am! If I’m traveling to a new city, it’s usually my friends or brothers. In cities that I’m familiar with, I have a go-to photographer
31. Career highlight since being an influencer? Tough one! I would say my year-long contract with YSL was a big achievement
32. Career lowlight since being an influencer? I actually don’t remember! I tend to focus on the positives so I often forget negative things 🙂
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? The AMEX Cobalt Card release – I got to meet Gordon Ramsay which was insanely cool
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Anything with a handwritten note
35. Last thing you googled? Best boutique hotels Lisbon
36. Favourite film? The Lord of the Rings trilogy
37. Favourite book? Harry Potter
38. Favourite song? ‘Live Forever’ by Oasis
39. Favourite band? Oasis
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? City
41. Favourite travel destination? It’s too hard to pick just one! Tulum, Paris, New York, Bali
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? Two younger brothers who are my best friends 🙂
45. What city are you currently living in? Currently a little bit of a gypsy. I’m based in Toronto but I’m temporarily relocated to Europe. London is my base for the next little while!
46. Celebrity crush? Jason Momoa. I’d pass out if I met him!
47. Pets? My family has a dog called Pepper who is the funniest/weirdest dog in the world
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @gypsea_lust, @travel_inhershoes, @sincerelyjules, @leefromamerica, @taramilktea
49. Favourite quote you live by? “What you seek is seeking you”
50. Top career tip? Hustle takes you further than talent
All images: @icingandglitter