With a tag line of “healthy recipes, healthy living”, Sydney-based lifestyle influencer Sophie Fisher has managed to grow her @coconutandbliss Instagram account to an impressive 111K followers thanks to her daily dose of wellness with a side of tropical vibes. Starting the account 3.5 years ago to track her fave haunts, healthy recipes, and hideaways – Coconut and Bliss has become a go-to destination for anyone interested in a nourished and balanced approach to life.
Here, we get the low-down from Sophie on life behind the screen and (dairy-free, sugar-free) icecream…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Hourglass bronzer
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? L’Oréal mascara, Australis primer, Bobbi Brown eyebrow gel, Benefit highlighter and Philosophy face cream
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy and natural
4. Makeup or no makeup? Very natural makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? Daisy by Marc Jacobs – my go-to!
6. Favourite item of clothing? Simple linen dresses
7. Favourite fashion brand? Bec and Bridge – I seriously have to hold myself back from buying the entire range
8. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers – all about the comfort life
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Both! I love Xtend Barre (which is indoors) but also love running/ walking outdoors – preferably by the water
10. Yoga or running? Running
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating majority of the time, as well as treating yourself in moderation. I really believe in not being restrictive and eating what your body craves as long as you make mostly healthy choices – everyone needs some chocolate to stay sane!
12. Can you cook? Yes, I LOVE cooking and my Instagram account revolves around my love of creating healthy recipes… one of my greatest passions
13. Favourite food? Acai bowl and a quality smashed avocado on toast, but then I also LOVE Japanese – sushi and miso eggplant…. and sweet potato chips! Let’s make it top 5 fave foods, haha
14. Favourite drink? Chilli margarita from Tequila Mockingbird in Paddington. I also love a fresh coconut!
15. Best place to eat out? Lox Stock and Barrel in Bondi – their smashed avo for brekkie is insane as well as their lunch menu, dinner menu and cocktails!
16. Happiest moment? When I am on a summer holiday, lying on a beach
17. Saddest moment? Seeing people put others down
18. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram all the way
19. Blog or YouTube? Blog, except I am thinking about making a YouTube. I am addicted to watching other influencers’ vlogs so wouldn’t mind having a crack at it
20. Iphone or camera? Both! When I’m away, I stick to my iPhone but I normally use a camera
21. Type of camera? Canon 6D
22. Facetune or untouched? Untouched, don’t have FaceTune
23. Lightroom or VSCO? Lightroom first then VSCO – editing is quite a process you see, haha
24. Favourite filter? The A series on VSCO – can’t go wrong!
25. Favourite way to edit pics? I love upping the contrast and saturation then lowering the temperature so it’s not too orange – makes the pic super vibrant
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? 9-5 job in PR
27. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? Randomly started using it as a way to track all my fave cafés, recipes and beachy travels about 3.5 years ago and within the first year it had taken off
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Around 10 minutes once I choose my fave pic from all the options and start the filtering process
29. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be really consistent with posting and engage with other profiles
30. Who takes your pics? I take all my food pics, but I also force my sister to be my part-time photographer (sorry Belle!)
31. Career highlight since being an influencer? Going on an influencer Bali trip last year and staying in some seriously stunning villas
32. Career lowlight since being an influencer? So far no lowlights… A few negative comments here and there, but nothing that I take any notice of
33. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Ah so hard to pick! Worked with too many amazing brands!
34. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? A Vitamix! Absolute gamechanger. Could not live without it
35. Last thing you googled? “Symptoms of tick bite” (don’t worry, false alarm!)
36. Favourite film? “She’s the Man”. Judge me, but it’s an absolute classic
37. Favourite book? Not even going to pretend here – don’t think I have finished a book since “Twilight” in Year 9. I always start them but never finish them
38. Favourite song? At the moment – “We Stayed Up All Night” by Tourist
39. Favourite band? Rufus
40. Living in the city or living by the beach? I’m a beach gal through and through
41. Favourite travel destination? I have such a soft spot for Noosa in Queensland as well as Kauai in Hawaii
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? There is definitely a place for both occasions in my life! Even nights which combine the two!
43. Partner or single? At the moment a single gal
44. Siblings? 2 sissies – Belle and Liv. I am the middle
45. What city are you currently living in? Sydney
46. Celebrity crush? Liam Hemsworth
47. Pets? None 🙁 My dream is to have a lil pug!
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @sophieefisher (my other account!), @gypsea_lust, @healthyluxe, @elsas_wholesomelife, @welikebali
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Live your best life”
50. Top career tip? Give it your 110% and it will take you places
All images: Coconut and Bliss