As we start to see Instagram embrace a more natural aesthetic – moving away from highly curated and edited feeds to realer in-the-moment captures, Copenhagen influencer Chloé Monchamp is testament to just that. Using just her iPhone and no special editing apps, Chloé’s Instagram feed is about as real as you get (and it’s 100 per cent making us reconsider all those hours spent in the editing chair…)
Coming from fashion pedigree with a mum who’s so stylish it hurts – in fact, she’s the founder of MØRCH Fashion agency @morchfashion, it’s clear where Chloé gets her sartorial ways from. Not afraid to take some style risks – watch out for this one in the front row in coming years as we’re picking she’s just getting started.
Here, we grab Chloé for a red hot minute for our latest Fast 50 to talk everything from Prada tracksuit pants to keeping the focus on the clothes.
1. Age? 18
2. Height? 170cm
3. Best beauty product of all time? Chanel Le Blanc Multi-use Illuminating Base
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Bronzer, highlighter, blush, concealer, and brow gel
5. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
6. Favourite fragrance? Le Labo The Noir or Aesop Marrakech
7. Favourite item of clothing? Prada tracksuit pants
8. Favourite fashion brand? Balenciaga
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym!
10. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Both
11. Can you cook? I have a small selection of dishes that I do reeeaally well
12. Favourite food to indulge in? Burger
13. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? Water
14. Favourite hobby? Being with my friends or listening to books
15. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? I’m half French
16. Biggest fear? Spiders!
17. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
18. Iphone or camera? Iphone
19. Type of camera? Still iPhone, haha
20. Lightroom or VSCO? I don’t use any photo apps
21. Favourite filter? The tools in Instagram and good lightning!
22. Favourite way to edit pics? A little light and a little warmth
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? I admire both careers
24. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I really don’t know, I just love dressing and taking photos
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Mmm, it depends whether it’s a collaboration or just a post. But as I don’t edit my pictures and I focus on the clothes, it doesn’t take a long time for me
26. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be yourself
27. Who takes your pics? My mum and my friends / boyfriend
28. Career highlight since being an influencer? As I’m still in school, I’m not sure if I really had a highlight, but sure – the big collabs I’ve done
29. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Mmmm, nothing I think!
30. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Can’t choose! Love my Adidas campaign and one with the Danish brand Munthe that’s coming now!
31. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? I don’t think I have any stories
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Oh, that’s too hard to choose!
33. Last thing you Googled? Festivals
34. Favourite film? ‘Les Intouchables’
35. Favourite book? ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ by Ken Follet
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? City
37. Favourite travel destination? Tulum in Mexico or Paris
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Almost everywhere in beautiful Copenhagen
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Clothes for the destination and weather, skin hydration for the flight, and the right shoes
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Both!
41. Partner or single? Partner
42. Siblings? A little brother
43. What city are you currently living in? Copenhagen <3
44. Celebrity/influencer crush? Kylie Jenner
45. Pets? None 🙁
46. What is your best asset? Mmm, I don’t know!
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? That I don’t answer my followers about the brand of my clothes because I don’t want people to wear the same clothes as me?? That’s really not true
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? I don’t know why, but I never remember my faves when I have to mention like a top 5 or 10!
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Live the moment”
50. Top career tip? Do something you want and don’t settle.
All images: Chloé Monchamp