50 Questions with Bachie’s Abbie Chatfield
Our final Fast 50 for the year, and we’re finishing off with a goodie. Abbie Chatfield – the curly-haired vivacious blonde that the cameras could not get enough of on this year’s The Bachelor Australia.
For those of you who watched the show or follow Abbie Chatfield on Instagram, you’ll know her to be extremely real, raw, vocal and vulnerable – something we’re big fans of here at Husskie (we like it when spades are called out for being spades). And yes, this does see her cop way more flak than anyone deserves.
With sensationalist headlines continuing to follow her everywhere she goes, we decided to reach out to Abbie to strip it all back and find out a few facts that have nothing to do with her “sensational curves” or our hook-up hunches. Some lighthearted truths (although, being dumped on a rock in South Africa may have come up…)
So here it is, Husskie’s one-on-one with Abbie where she tells us everything from crushes to being crushed, beers, beauty, and Bachie. Enjoy and happy holidays.
1. Age? 24
2. Height? 166cm
3. Best beauty product of all time? Oh my god, there are so many. I’d say the most useful beauty product would be my Harlotte Grab & Glow Palette by Keira. It has changed the way I do my makeup!
4. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Harlotte Grab & Glow Palette by Keira, Kevyn Aucoin The Curling Mascara, La Roche Posay Micellar Foaming Water, The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser, and Bangn Body Firming Body Lotion
5. Hair “done” or messy? Messy, I am so lazy
6. Favourite fragrance? Demeter – Cuba
7. Favourite item of clothing? A bright green set from Manning Cartell
8. Favourite fashion brand? I honestly couldn’t tell you. I buy from so many different brands but I am loving The Significant Other right now
9. Heels or sneakers? Heels
10. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym. Brisbane is too hot to exercise outdoors
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treats
12. Can you cook? I have like 6 meals I can cook well… and I just repeat them
13. Favourite food to indulge in? Lamb gyros with halloumi
14. First thing you pick from the mini-bar? A beer!
15. Favourite hobby? Yoga
16. A strange fact about you that followers might not know? When I was 10 years old I learnt how to play “Crazy Frog” on the flute. Strange child
17. Biggest fear? Being murdered and then subsequently not being able to hear the podcast about my own murder
18. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
19. Iphone or camera? Iphone
20. Natural or blemish tweaking? Natural
21. Favourite filter? I use my own Lightroom presets usually
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Influencer, for now, until I start study again in 2020
23. Favourite thing that’s happened to you since the show? Being able to go on the Shameless Podcast was mind blowing and so amazing
24. Career highlight? Again, going on Shameless
25. Career lowlight? Being dumped on a rock in South Africa… I guess?
26. Best job you’ve ever worked on? Does ‘The Bachelor’ count as a job?
27. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a job? Again the whole being dumped on a rock was not great
28. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I think my favourite thing I have been gifted was a portrait that was drawn of me that came with a lovely note – was very surreal
29. Last thing you googled? “French Girl 18th Century” – don’t ask why
30. Favourite film? ‘Trainspotting’
31. Favourite TV show? ‘Real Housewives of Melbourne’
32. Bachelor, Married At First Sight or Love Island [sorry – had to!]? Ha, ha, ha. To watch, MAFS, but to be in, Bachelor
33. Favourite book? ‘Homegoing’ – Yaa Gyasi
34. Favourite song? ‘I would die for you’ – Miley Cyrus
35. Living in the city or living by the beach? Currently living in the city, want to be at the beach
36. Favourite travel destination? Nice, France
37. Most Instagram-worthy spot? Greek Islands
38. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? Pre-downloaded podcasts, body lotion (I obsessively moisturise), and lip balm
39. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner, always!
40. Partner or single? Can’t say!
41. Siblings? Yes, one sister
42. What city are you currently living in? Brisbane
43. Celebrity/influencer crush? Tyler Cameron @tylerjcameron3
44. Pets? Two dogs! One groodle, one moodle
45. What is your best asset? My brain
46. Biggest misconception about you? Wow, there are so many, but I think the biggest one remaining is that I’m dumb
47. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @i_weigh @the.holistic.psychologist @ariellanyssa … those three are the only ones that stand out
48. Favourite quote you live by? “Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind!”
49. Top career tip? Take risks and don’t settle for a role just for money
50. Five year plan? I mean, who knows?
All images: Abbie Chatfield