With their website bio line reading “The journey of a free spirited couple on the run”, how could one not be a little drawn into the adventure of Wanderers & Warriors founders Charlie and Lauren?! From living on a houseboat in the UK – where the couple originally hail from – to going camel back riding in India, these two have a feed that is the poster child for living the suitcase life.
Currently travelling around Sri Lanka, we tracked Charlie and Lauren down for our latest Fast 50 – chatting everything from friendly tripods to chasing dreams…
1. Best beauty/grooming product of all time? It has to be the holy Tangle Teezer
2. Five beauty/grooming products you can’t live without? Tangle Teezer, Tea Tree Foam Face Wash, Cherry Carmex, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter and Tea Tree Face Wipes
3. Favourite fragrance? Issey Miyake – Intense
4. Favourite item of clothing? Lauren’s stripy shorts
5. Favourite fashion brand? We love finding smaller creative brands like Laluna Bali, they’re our recent favourite
6. Shoes or bare feet? Bare feet always
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym…Charlie misses his boxing gym back home!
8. Yoga or running? Running for sure
9. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Usually healthy eating, that doesn’t mean we’re not fond of a movie and binge night though
10. Can you cook? We try, haha
11. Favourite food? Can’t beat a British pie & mash
12. Favourite drink? Fresh lime shakes – the type you find throughout Asia
13. Best place to eat out? Burger Burger on Ponsonby Road in Auckland
14. Happiest moment? Finally getting on that plane together for our first adventure
15. Saddest moment? We lost Lauren’s grandad earlier this year, that was hard
16. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
17. Blog or YouTube? Blog – we enjoy writing
18. Iphone or camera? Camera
19. Type of camera? Our trusty Nikon D3300
20. VSCO cam or Snapseed? We were big fans of P5 when VSCO came out, but now we’re strictly Lightroom users
21. Facetune or untouched? Untouched, keep it real
22. Favourite filter? We’ve built our own Lightroom presets
23. 9-5 job or full-time influencers? Full-time influencers
24. How did you first get your start in influencing? It all began when a hotel chain reached out to us in India… That opened our eyes to the endless opportunities and we’ve never looked back
25. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Wow, that varies so much. It all depends on the location, lighting and angles. Usually around 10 minutes on a photo, 5 minutes on the edit
26. How much time do you spend on Instagram a day in general? As little as possible. Networking is all part of the lifestyle, but we tend to just open up and reply to everything in the morning and then post our daily photo and catch up for an hour or so in the evening
27. What’s your top Instagram tip? Stay true to you and let your personality shine through in your photos
28. Who takes your pics? Us…with some help from our good friend ‘tripod’
29. Career highlight since being an influencer? Being able to constantly travel together and stay in some of the most beautiful accommodations around the world
30. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Putting too much pressure on ourselves and sometimes questioning our creativity
31. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Daniel Wellington
32. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Choosing our crazy & colourful Happy Socks was fun!
33. Last thing you googled? ‘What is Facetune’
34. Favourite film? ‘Girl On The Train’!
35. Favourite book? Anything by Jodi Picoult
36. Favourite song? Doin’ Me – Mikey Mike. We first heard it on a TV commercial in the UK and it soon became our travel theme song. It’s very relatable!
37. Favourite band? Oasis. They remind us both of our dads
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? Beach – we’re both water babies
39. Favourite travel destination? We LOVE Sri Lanka. The people, the food and the palm tree beaches!
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner every time
41. Partner or single? Is this a trick question? Haha [How did that slip in there?! ?]
42. Siblings? Both have a younger brother and Lauren has an older sister
43. What city are you currently living in? None, we’re always on the run
44. Celebrity girl crush? Jessica Alba
45. Celebrity boy crush? Bradley Cooper
46. Pets? We miss Oscar and Pippa, our little family pups back home
47. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @wearetravelgirls @girleatworld @backpackerstory @hippie_world @travelentines
48. Favourite quote you live by? “Life is what you make it”
49. Top career tip? Chase your dreams. Don’t let people put you off what you are capable of achieving!
50. Where will you be in five year’s time? Still messing around, having fun and travelling the world…
All images: @wanderersandwarriors