50 Questions is a regular series on Husskie where we feature a quick-fire interview with top influencers.
Not one of Lauren Curtis’ 3.5 million subscribers on YouTube or 3.7 million followers across Instagram and Facebook? Well, let me tell you something that’s made pretty obvious by those numbers – this girl is killing it. After hitting play on her YouTube channel in late 2011 – where she would upload short films made on her iPhone 4, Lauren (or Loz, as she’s commonly known) has gone on to become one of Australia’s biggest YouTube successes.
So who better to headline Husskie’s very first “50 Questions” series – a regular feature found on the site where we shoot off a collection of questions to top influencers. With Lauren in town recently to launch David Jones’ Beauty Tribe On Tour (an initiative that sees the department store hold a range of in-store events and offers), we put the Perth-based influencer into the firing line…
1. Best beauty product of all time? It’s not the most exciting but the MAC mineralize skinfinish natural in Light, I’ve used it for years and it’s the only product I can’t find a replacement for
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder, coverFX Custom Cover Drops, Lancôme Ultra Precision Eyebrow Pencil, MAC Lipstick in Pure Zen, Modelco Lash Xtend Mascara
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Blondes or brunettes? Blondes
5. Makeup or no makeup? Makeup
6. Statement eye or statement lip? Statement eye
7. Favourite fragrance? I don’t have one! I do love YSL L’Homme – which is a men’s fragrance though!
8. Favourite item of clothing? My black jeans from ASOS
9. Favourite fashion brand? I couldn’t pick one, I’m not loyal to any in particular!
10. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers all day every day
11. Dress or jeans? Jeans
12. Bikini or one piece? Bikini
13. Gold or silver? Gold
14. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
15. Blog or YouTube? YouTube
16. iPhone or camera? iPhone
17. Favourite filter? I don’t really use them!
18. VSCO cam or Snapseed? VSCO cam
19. Facetune or untouched? Untouched but Facetune does save the day sometimes!
20. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
21. Yoga or running? I don’t do either but I think I’d prefer yoga
22. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treating yourself
23. Can you cook? No! I wish I could
24. Favourite food? Hot chips always hit the spot!
25. Favourite drink? Water… boring, I know!
26. Best place to eat out? My favourite restaurant is Trio in Bondi Beach
27. Coffee or tea? Tea
28. Happiest moment? I have so many I can’t pick one!
29. Saddest moment? Getting my heart broken
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? My YouTube campaign, seeing my face on skyscraper buildings and billboards!
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? People finding out where I live and shouting out at me outside my window 🙁
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? My YouTube campaign for sure
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Anything handmade, there’s too many amazing ones to only pick one
34. Favourite film? Couldn’t pick one! Horror is my favourite genre though
35. Favourite book? Manifesting Change by Mike Dooley
36. Favourite song? I don’t have a favourite but my top played song is Best Friend by J. Cole
37. Favourite band? Favourite artist is a tie between J. Cole and Drake
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? Beach
39. Summer or winter? Spring 😉
40. Ocean or swimming pool? Ocean
41. Favourite travel destination? I haven’t travelled much but Bali is close and cheap!
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? Older brother and older sister
45. What city are you currently living in? Perth
46. Celebrity girl crush? Anna Faris! So funny
47. Celebrity boy crush? Not a crush but Kevin Hart cracks me up
48. Pets? A two-year-old pomeranian-cross-chihuahua called Mia
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @wolfgang2242, @jackrmoriarty, @wendy_online, @thedogist, @powdah
50. Favourite quote you live by? Everything happens for a reason!