Makeup how-to: Emily Ratajkowski’s Golden Globes look
If there’s one thing Emily Ratajkowski is good at, it’s bringing a bit of shock value to the party – but always making it look that incredible you just can’t help but try it at home. And while we never can get it to look quite as good as Emily, one can’t help but try – right?!
The latest look that has us picking up our makeup tools is Emily Ratajkowski’s 2018 Instyle Golden Globes After Party beauty look created by the very talented Marc Jacobs Beauty Global Artistry Ambassador Hung Vanngo.
Discussing the look, Hung reveals: “We wanted to go for more of a somewhat graphic red smokey eye for Emily’s makeup look… The eye makeup is where we had some fun.” And while a red smokey eye might sound slightly strange – it had Emily looking absolutely babin’.
Below, Hung talks us through the different steps on how to get the look…
- After prepping with skincare, apply Marc Jacobs Beauty Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer
- Use a mixture of Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel Super-Charged Oil-Free Foundation in Golden Deep 46 and a pump of Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter for an all-over glow
- Follow with Marc Jacobs Beauty Remedy Concealer Pen in 4 Late Show to brighten the centre of the face
- Set foundation with Marc Jacobs Beauty Perfection Powder – Featherweight Foundation in Golden Fawn 400 and add Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Bronzer Perfect Tan in Tantric along cheekbones, forehead and jawline for warmth and definition
- Line entire waterlines and upper and lower lash lines with Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Fine(wine) 47, a suede red shade, extending past the outer corner of the eye. Smudge the lines with Marc Jacobs Beauty The Smudge Brush
- Using Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Scandalust, mix the shades “They Call Her” and “Scandalous” from the palette to create a rich red shade and then apply the shadows on crease and lower lash lines, extending outward and upward. Then use the shade “That’s Why” from the same palette to blend the edges
- Apply two generous coats of Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara on top and bottom lashes
- Add a few strokes of Marc Jacobs Beauty Brow Wow Defining Longwear Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown 6 where needed and brushed them into place with Marc Jacobs Beauty Brow Tamer Grooming Gel
- For the lips, fill in entire lips with Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick in Eat Cake 150, a rosy nude shade
- Lastly, tie the look together with a light pop of Marc Jacobs Beauty Air Blush Soft Glow Duo in 520 Lines & Last Night, a creamsicle/deep tangerine duo, and set makeup with Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(cover) Perfecting Coconut Setting Mist. To make sure the body is glowing as well, apply Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator to add a beautiful soft golden sheen to any exposed skin.
Main image: @hungvanngo
At Husskie, we ONLY write about the products and people we love (and hope you love to!) That being said – we do have affiliate partners (like most websites!) which does mean sometimes we will benefit with a tiny share of revenue from what we write about… Disclaimer over.