50 Questions with model influencer Zoë Hoad
Some people we love on Instagram for their epic travel inspo, others for their wardrobe wizardry, and others for their uncanny ability to get us inspired to hit the gym (except we spend so long watching their stories we run out of time for the actual exercise part). But Zoë Hoad? Zoë we love for the lols. All of them.
While the Gold Coast model/influencer/actress/funny girl is probably best known for her cropped blonde locks and killer figure – she’s definitely won points over here at Husskie HQ for her mood-lifting abilities with just a swipe of a witty caption or three.
And our interview with her was no different. While our Fast 50 is, well, fast – Zoë still managed to crack out the funnies with her short one liners (okay, so sometimes there was more than one line…) Here, she humours us by giving a little inside look into the life of Zoë Hoad from behind the feed.
1. Best beauty product of all time? Beauty Flash Balm by Clarins
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? 100% jojoba oil, ‘Hurraw’ Chamomile Chapstick , brow kit, concealer, Beauty Flash Balm… imagine if I literally died without these
3. Hair “done” or messy? Done (if I don’t have to do it)
4. Favourite fragrance? Portrait of A Lady by Frédéric Malle or Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
5. Favourite item of clothing? Oversized white tee
6. Favourite fashion brand? Bassike
7. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym (outdoors has too many dangerous possibilities… cars, the sun, snakes, men. When I go for a run, I’m not running by choice – I’m running of fear)
8. Healthy eating or treating yourself? 100% healthy eating. 100%
9. Can you cook? You’re goddamn right I can! Pete Evans has nothing on me… except a successful career. BUT I season my dishes with jokes so… let’s see, PETE. I make a great “artijoke dip” hahaha, sorry I had to
10. Favourite food to indulge in? I only “indulge” within my means. Baring in mind I have struggled with eating disorders before, so I know my overall dietary spectrum is limited to “indulgence”. I’m going to say a “Green Breakfast Bowl” (side note: this is not a Dr Seuss riddle… a breakfast bowl is just spiced sautéed greens, a poached egg, and avocado)
11. First thing you pick from the mini bar? Water, lol. I ain’t payin’ $12 bucks for one peanut
12. Best place to eat out? On the Gold Coast: Commune (Burleigh) – breakfast/ lunch; Hellenika (Nobbys) – dinner/ drinks; Internationally – I always just look for the healthiest option… or the most expensive if I’m on a date, jk jk jk
13. Happiest moment? Every time I smell coffee in the morning
14. Saddest moment? Must you know?!
15. Blog or YouTube? I don’t know much about either – but I am working on my YouTube channel, stay tuned!
16. Iphone or camera? Camera. Call me a conspiracist, but I don’t like the idea of Snowden seeing my boobs if I slip a nip
17. Type of camera? Just one that works, preferably
18. Facetune or untouched? Well, obviously my insecurities say Facetune – but if I had to make an executive decision on behalf of all woman/mankind, I would say untouched. “GASP!” We’re all so confused about how to look these days… *flash to me in the mirror this morning* “Ugh! What are all these holes in my face?!” “They’re pores….” “Oh”
19. Lightroom or VSCO? VSCO. Tell you what, I wouldn’t want to have any secret photo editing apps with these questions!!! ;D
20. Favourite filter? Black and white
21. Favourite way to edit pics? Lots of brutal honesty… I use to over-edit my photos from insecurities, now I have one rule – if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. You can use that one too if you like!
22. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Neither
23. How did you first get your start in Instablogging? I uploaded a selfie and it accumulated likes. Then I got my boobs out and my followers went up… but since I put those away, they’ve gone down… Oh well! You win some, you lose some!
24. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Depends if I’m feeling arty or funny. Funny, 2-5 minutes usually (before asking my mum)
25. What’s your top Instagram tip? Be yourself, be truthful, and be honest
26. Who takes your pics? My mum or my best friend (Marlon)
27. Career highlight since being an influencer? The laughter and lovely messages I receive from fans – that’s bloody awesome
28. Career lowlight since being an influencer? Observing insecurity increases (in myself and others), trolls, and cyber bullying
29. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Hmmm. I have modelled since I was 15 so we’re dissecting gold nuggets here. I would say whenever I have been put up in a nice hotel room, healthy food, good company on-set, nothing too rigid – but enough enthusiasm and order to make the day effective
30. Worst thing that’s happened to you on a photo shoot? My right boob exploded! Jk. When I was 16 we did a shoot in the middle of the desert, we got stuck and I had to converse with a young hillbilly child for an hour whilst standing next to an offal truck (offal means dead animal organs) in high heels and 6kg of fake hair on my head. AND THEN my mum arrived back to the photo shoot with the ugliest puppy! We still have it today 🙂 … she has since got progressively worse-looking and simultaneously more loveable
31. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Shoes. I love shoes. And gold jewellery. And skincare goodies. But I am so bloody grateful for everything I receive!
32. Last thing you googled? How to spell “offal”
33. Favourite film? ‘We’re The Millers’ or ‘Django’ (vastly different tastes)
34. Favourite book? ‘12 Rules To Life’ by Jordan B Peterson or ‘A Piece Of Cake’ by Cupcake Brown
35. Favourite song? Right now?! The Beatles ‘All You Need Is Love’ or ‘Gymnopedie No.1’ by Erik Satie
36. Living in the city or living by the beach? Beach with a city (LA, lol)
37. Favourite travel destination? LA or the tropics
38. Most Instagram-worthy spot? What does this mean?!
39. Top three essentials to pack when traveling? A sarong or robe, stevia, too much underwear
40. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with my friends. And by friends, I mean Netflix and peppermint tea
41. Partner or single? Single. By choice. Of course. I mean. Obviously. Why would you even… You can’t… FINE! I can’t find Prince Charming
42. Siblings? Yes, my beautiful little sister (@bonnieerae)
43. What city are you currently living in? Gold Coast
44. Celebrity crush? Holy crap. I actually don’t know. This just baffled me… maybe Chris Pratt
45. Pets? Yes, 2x dogs and 4x cats… I guess that answers the whole “single dilemma”
46. What is your best asset? My boobs
47. Biggest misconception about you and your job? That I don’t eat a lot
48. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @KyleDunnigan1, @Arielle, @OverheardLA, @ClassicDonald, @MyFriendPaige
49. Favourite quote you live by? “Start at home, aim at heaven” – Jordan B Peterson
50. Top career tip? Clean your room.
All images: Zoe Hoad