50 Questions: Lucette Romy takes the plunge
In early 2016, on the last day of a trip to Bali with her partner, Husskie editor Yelena Fairfax found herself by chance sharing a villa with three friends: Lucette Romy, Bianca Booth, and Allana Booth.
Breezing in with long tanned limbs, toned stomachs, and a suitcase of itsy bitsy teenie bikinis – the three girls were quick to make a splash (both literally and metaphorically). Sweet, friendly, and naturally gorgeous, Lucette chatted to fellow guests in between using the uber-stylish decor at Villa Phoenix as the perfect background to capture shots for her Instagram feed.
Fast forward almost 12 months, and Lucette recently returned to Bali – where she spends a lot of the year on various modelling assignments and creating visual content for brands. Just before she left, Husskie tracked down the model/artist to find out a bit about what life’s like from out behind the camera and iPhone…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Coconut Oil
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Coconut Oil, Eyebrow brush, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha peels, Mascara, Banish Charcoal Mask
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Make-up or no make-up? No Make-Up
5. Statement eye or statement lip? Lip
6. Favourite fragrance? Seeker by One Seed or Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford
7. Favourite item of clothing? Nothing at all!
8. Favourite fashion brand? The Wylde
9. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers
10. Dress or jeans? Jeans
11. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
12. Yoga or running? Yoga
13. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating
14. Can you cook? Sure can!
15. Favourite food? Pasta
16. Favourite drink? Sugar Cane Juice
17. Best place to eat out? Anywhere in Bali!
18. Happiest moment? Feeding giraffes
19. Saddest moment? No time to focus on the bad
20. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
21. Blog or YouTube? Blog
22. iPhone or camera? iPhone (at the moment)
23. Type of camera? 5d mark iii
24. VSCO cam or Snapseed? VSCO
25. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
26. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? On-the-go!
27. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Influencer
28. How did you get into blogging? Through modelling
29. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? Each image is different!
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Being able to travel and meet others
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? I can’t say I’ve had one yet…
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Working with Spell on Contiki – though not technically a campaign
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I’m grateful for everything I have received
34. Favourite film? “Elizabethtown”
35. Favourite book? Hard to pick!
36. Favourite song? “Hotel California” – Eagles
37. Favourite band? Fleetwood Mac
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? By the beach!
39. Summer or winter? Summer
40. Ocean or swimming pool? Ocean
41. Favourite travel destination? Anywhere tropical
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner most definitely
43. Partner or single? A lovely boyfie
44. Siblings? Caught in the middle of two brothers
45. What city are you currently living in? Sydney and Bali
46. Celebrity girl crush? Angelina Jolie
47. Celebrity boy crush? Liam Hemsworth
48. Pets? Two cats, meow meow
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @the_wylde, @isnathan, @habitualfeels, @c__l__o, and @tiahenricks
50. Favourite quote you live by? “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” – Jack Kerouac “On The Road”
All images: @lucetteromy