50 Questions: From Luxe with Love’s Natalie Lucas opens up
After having a lifelong love affair with fashion, beauty and travel, in 2014 Natalie Lucas brought all these passions together to create style blog From Luxe With Love. Having previously worked as both a model and makeup artist, Natalie had the perfect background to create a successful blog and Instablog… Two years and 75K followers later (and growing fast), Natalie has hit the ground running – with recent affiliations with the likes of Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Shopbop, and Burberry, just to name a few.
To get a glimpse into the person creating the perfect feed, Husskie decided to put Natalie into the firing line for our latest 50 Questions article – a regular series where we get top influencers to undertake a round of quick-fire questions (click here to read our first two articles with Saasha Burns and Lauren Curtis).
1. Best beauty product of all time? Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops – they are so unique and pigmented. If you love an intense highlight or glowing skin, you need these in your life!
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, MAC Warm Soul Blush, Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Blondes or brunettes? Brunettes
5. Make-up or no make-up? Depends on my mood – I love both!
6. Statement eye or statement lip? Statement lip
7. Favourite fragrance? Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
8. Favourite item of clothing? Grlfrnd Black jeans – so comfy!
9. Favourite fashion brand? I love Australian designers like Ellery, Aje and Third Form
10. Sneakers or heels? Sneakers, but I do love heels too!
11. Dress or jeans? Jeans
12. Bikini or one piece? Bikini
13. Gold or silver? Silver
14. Gym or exercising outdoors? Gym
15. Yoga or running? Yoga
16. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Treating yourself (in moderation – it’s all about that good balance!)
17. Can you cook? Very basically… do I get points for trying?!
18. Favourite food? Anything Italian
19. Favourite drink? Water (not very exciting, I know)
20. Best place to eat out? I’m not originally from Sydney, so yet to find my favourite place here. Send me some recommendations!
21. Coffee or tea? Tea
22. Happiest moment? Probably a time during one of my travels
23. Saddest moment? Break-ups are always sad
24. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
25. Blog or YouTube? Blog
26. iPhone or camera? iPhone – I’m never without it!
27. Favourite filter? I don’t really use filters
28. VSCO cam or Snapseed? Snapseed
29. Facetune or untouched? Facetune
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Getting to work with brands I’ve loved for years and getting to meet some amazing people
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? Stepping out of the box can always be a little bit scary, but it’s worth it
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Campaigns where I’ve worked with a great team are always amazing to work on
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? I always love receiving gifts from my favourite brands, as well as anything personalised
34. Favourite film? Too many to choose from, but I love anything with a bit of Leonardo DiCaprio
35. Favourite book? The Harry Potter books (bit of a nerd at heart!)
36. Favourite song? I don’t have a current favourite
37. Favourite band? Too hard to pick just one
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? City
39. Summer or winter? Summer… but I prefer spring
40. Ocean or swimming pool? Swimming pool
41. Favourite travel destination? Somewhere in Europe
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends
43. Partner or single? Single
44. Siblings? Two brothers
45. What city are you currently living in? Sydney
46. Celebrity girl crush? Gigi Hadid
47. Celebrity boy crush? Ryan Gosling
48. Pets? None
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @margaret__zhang, @tuulavintage, @beigerenegade, @oraclefox, @mikutas
50. Favourite quote you live by? ‘Fall seven times and stand up eight’ – Japanese Proverb
Got any questions you want to know from top influencers? Drop a line in the comments below and we’ll take a look.