50 Questions: Fashion blogger Ashleigh D’Mello gives the 411
Husskie has been crushing on Ashleigh D’Mello since earlier this year when we first stumbled across her feed featuring a slew of outfits delivered straight from clothing heaven. And then there’s her enviable hair and insane eyebrows *sigh* (did we mention we’ve been crushing?!)
While originally blogging as a way to express her creative side after graduating from university with a Bachelor of Law and Commerce – Ashleigh has since gone on to carve a path out into the fashion world. To find out more about just what makes this style maven tick, we selected Ashleigh as our latest victim to come under the Husskie 50 Questions line of fire…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? MECCA Illuminating Primer, NARS Blush in ‘Orgasm’, MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in ‘Soft & Gentle’, SK-II Signs Eye Mask, Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in ‘Coachella Coral’
3. Hair “done” or messy? Done! Can’t live without my waves
4. Blondes or brunettes? Brunettes
5. Makeup or no makeup? Makeup – but nothing over the top
6. Statement eye or statement lip? Statement lip
7. Favourite fragrance? Currently it’s Carven L’eau De Toilette
8. Favourite item of clothing? Can’t go wrong with a black slip dress, the styling possibilities are endless!
9. Favourite fashion brand? I’m not someone who sticks to any particular brands religiously, but my street favourite would be Zara and for high-end I can’t go past Gucci at the moment!
10. Sneakers or heels? At the moment it’s definitely sneakers
11. Dress or jeans? Dress!
12. Bikini or one piece? One piece, so classic
13. Gold or silver? Silver
14. Gym or exercising outdoors? I’m the worst at exercising, but outdoors is definitely better
15. Yoga or running? I don’t do either but if I had to choose it would be yoga
16. Healthy eating or treating yourself? I treat myself all day everyday, I have the sweetest tooth!
17. Can you cook? The basics, yes!
18. Favourite food? Donuts
19. Favourite drink? Does coffee and red wine count?
20. Best place to eat out? I’m missing it like crazy, but when I lived in NYC – Shake Shack was my absolute favourite
21. Coffee or tea? Coffee
22. Happiest moment? Moving to New York was pretty happy and exciting
23. Saddest moment? Leaving New York? hehe
24. Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
25. Blog or YouTube? Blog
26. Iphone or camera? Camera
27. Favourite filter? I don’t have any in particular, but I love those that brighten and whiten images
28. VSCO cam or Snapseed? VSCO Cam
29. Facetune or untouched? Untouched
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? I got to do some international travel this year which was super exciting
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? I think submitting final content to big brands is terrifying!
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Anything I’ve done with my favourite brands such as Shopbop, ASOS, H&M, Revolve are always super exciting 🙂
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? Travel!
34. Favourite film? Interstellar
35. Favourite book? The entire Harry Potter series, of course!
36. Favourite song? ‘On The Other Side’ by Augustana
37. Favourite band? Augustana
38. Living in the city or living by the beach? I’m definitely a city slicker
39. Summer or winter? SUMMER!
40. Ocean or swimming pool? Swimming pool
41. Favourite travel destination? The USA
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Quiet dinner with friends
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? I have a not-so-little anymore sister
45. What city are you currently living in? Perth
46. Celebrity girl crush? Kendall Jenner
47. Celebrity boy crush? I don’t really have one! Maybe Chris Evans as Captain America …
48. Pets? No pets, but my boyfriend really wants a bulldog – so stay tuned!
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? Paola from @blankitinerary, Negin from @negin_mirsalehi, Aimee from @songofstyle, Levi from @tlnique, and Kiara from @lioninthewild
50. Favourite quote you live by? Life is short, buy the shoes
Got any questions you want to know from top influencers? Drop a line in the comments below and we’ll take a look.
Main image: www.ashleighdmello.com