50 Questions: Chats with Angel Food Style creator Sophie Elkus
With a mane of blonde hair that always seems perfectly waved, a style that begs for you to buy every piece in her wardrobe, and a travel itinerary that calls for your own jet-setting adventures, Angel Food Style creator Sophie Elkus is nailing the Instagram game.
A full-time influencer who has collaborated with such brands as American Express, Victoria’s Secret, and Nordstrom, we reached out to Sophie to find out a bit more about what’s going on in her life and career…
1. Best beauty product of all time? Hourglass bronzer
2. Five beauty products you can’t live without? Nars concealer, Smashbox BB cream, Hourglass blush, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Oribe texture spray
3. Hair “done” or messy? Messy
4. Makeup or no makeup? Makeup
5. Favourite fragrance? Byredo Gypsy Water
6. Favourite item of clothing? Shoes
7. Favourite fashion brand? Zimmermann
8. Sneakers or heels? Heels
9. Gym or exercising outdoors? Exercising outdoors
10. Yoga or running? Yoga
11. Healthy eating or treating yourself? Healthy eating + occasional treat!
12. Can you cook? Definitely not, just the basics
13. Favourite food? Italian
14. Favourite drink? Matcha latte
15. Best place to eat out? Sugarfish Sushi
16. Happiest moment? On a beach vacation!
17. Saddest moment? I try to forget these!
18. Instagram or Snapchat? IG
19. Blog or YouTube? Blog
20. Iphone or camera? iPhone
21. Type of camera? Canon Mark 5D
22. VSCO cam or Snapseed? VSCO
23. Facetune or untouched? Facetune, only if used very carefully
24. Favourite filter? VSCO A9, C6, J5
25. Shooting on-the-go or location scouting? On-the-go!
26. 9-5 job or full-time influencer? Full-time influencer
27. How did you get into blogging? I started in college and it took off from there
28. How much time goes into a normal picture found on your Instagram account? 20 minutes
29. Who takes your pics? A photographer for blog posts and my boyfriend for IG
30. Most exciting moment since being an influencer? Working with some amazing brands like American Express, Victoria’s Secret, and Nordstrom
31. Most terrifying moment since being an influencer? There hasn’t been one, thankfully
32. Best campaign you’ve ever worked on? Amex had some great campaigns during Coachella as well as New York Fashion Week
33. The best gift you’ve ever received as an influencer? An amazing, engaged audience that I look forward to sharing my life with
34. Last thing you googled? Hotel prices in Euros to dollar conversion, since I’m heading to Cannes soon
35. Favourite film? ‘Parent Trap’
36. Favourite book? My friend Dallas Shaw just wrote a book I’m reading right now called ‘The Way She Wears It’
37. Favourite song? Hard to choose just one!
38. Favourite band? Coldplay
39. Living in the city or living by the beach? City, with access to the beach… Los Angeles!
40. Summer or winter? Summer
41. Favourite travel destination? Italy
42. Going out clubbing or quiet dinner with friends? Dinner, but not a quiet one!
43. Partner or single? Partner
44. Siblings? Two brothers
45. What city are you currently living in? LA
46. Celebrity girl crush? Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
47. Celebrity boy crush? Tom Brady
48. Pets? 2 dogs
49. Top five Instagram accounts to follow? @SivanAyla @Tezzamb @Melissawoodhealth @SomethingNavy @JimAndKittys
50. Favourite quote you live by? “Dreams don’t work unless you do”
All images: @sophieelkus